Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Brag #5

This blog is run by a lovely young lady by the name of Elimy. She is one of the few people I know who I've shared this blog with, and I haven't regretted it for a moment ;)

Elimy is an aspiring Australian historical fiction writer. If you like it when I do book reviews, but wish I'd get away from the fantasy and scifi genres, go and visit Em. She's been doing a bit of blogging about the books we read at uni, and she blogged her heroic attempt at reading Ulysses as well. Don't worry, it's not all about literature - she does share some personal things as well, which as well-written as they are, are very engaging and touching.

I really admire her dedication to the craft. I'm a bit of a flaky writer, I'll admit, always putting off rewriting and leaving projects untouched for months at a time! Em is frequently published in our uni's magazine, and she has won some awards for her fiction, the clever thing. I'd do well to take some lessons from her, haha. She has graciously allowed me to read some of the novel she is currently working on - when I say 'currently', I mean she has been working on it for the last several years, and it shows. I look forward to telling people I knew her before she got all published and famous.

She is currently on holiday in Barcelona (lucky thing!) so tune in for some wonderful photography and jokes about jet lag.

1 comment:

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!