Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review: Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara

This is the second Essence mascara I've tried. The first one was OK upon application, but by the end of the day my curled lashes had drooped to the point where you couldn't even tell I was wearing mascara. However, Essence products are so cheap, I decided there was no harm in trying out a different one.


"No lash can escape this mascara: the innovative and flexible synthetic brush reaches even the shortest lashes in the corner of your eye for perfect lengthening effects from base to tip, creating a beautiful look."

Shiny red metallic tube! It also has a spiky rubber brush instead of the traditional nylon-type bristles. I honestly don't have a preference between rubber/bristle brushes with my mascara, but I know some people do.


My lashes pre-mascara, curled:

One coat of Maximum Definition Volume mascara:

Products used
Aromaleigh eyeshadows: Seed Pearl on lid, Elisabetta in crease and Jigsawfeeling over Pixie Epoxy on lower lashline.

This is AMAZING for such a cheap mascara. It holds my curl in, provides volume AND definition, and there's no smudging or flaking throughout the day. I'm currently using an oil cleanser and it comes off really easily with that. It's not waterproof so I'd imagine regular makeup removers wouldn't have an issue with it either.

How cheap, you ask? $5.50 from Priceline! Even if you just use it as a daytime mascara and save your more dramatic/expensive ones for the evenings and weekends, I think this is definitely a mascara worth trying out.

Speaking of Priceline, GOOD NEWS! They now offer online shopping, so if you're not near a Priceline, or the one near you has limited stock (i.e I've only ever found Lanolips products at the Perth train station store) you can order straight from their website instead!

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing mascara! It does provides volume and definition by just one coat. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!