Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Australis Manic Panic

If you've been reading my blog for a while, or if you know me personally, it's no secret that I love purple. I have a purple diary, a purple water bottle, and a ton of purple make-up. During the move I lost my favourite bright purple Mode polish, and I haven't been able to find a replacement.

That is waaay blue-toned, silly camera!
Enter Australis Manic Panic, a bright, red-toned purple creme.The original Mode polish I had was blue-toned, in fact remarkably like that inaccurate bottle shot above. This lacquer is similarly bright, if not the right tone, and opaque in two coats, as opposed to the Mode's one. It hasn't entirely filled the hole left by my favourite purple, but it's a good stop-gap for now. It dries quite glossy too. Excuse the weird bump on my ring finger, I accidentally knocked it with my camera while the polish was still wet.



That's still not quite as red-toned as it is in person, but you all know how much cameras LOVE to work with purple, heh. It's a fun, bright colour and if you're a purple fan like me, how can you resist a cheap lacquer?



No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!