Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Femme Fatale Cosmetics: mini jars!

Femme Fatale Cosmetics announced their new mini jars a few weeks ago, and I decided that was the perfect excuse to place another order! I ordered 5 mini jars and a sample of the Christmas LE shade Merrymaker. My order came with a business card and two extra samples. Merrymaker is in the old sample bags and the two freebies were in the new size, so here's a comparison for you:

I don't keep my samples in bags for very long, so I can't tell you if these are exactly the same size as Shiro's new sample baggies, but I think they're pretty close.

Mini jars!




Aren't they adorable?! The only criticism I have of these is that the label on the bottom is paper, so if it gets wet I'd imagine it would smudge. I'll just have to be careful with them. Onto the swatches! Patted over Pixie Epoxy.


Poison



"vivid chartreuse green eye shadow with a scattering of golden shimmer"
Hominah hominah, how gorgeous is this?! It's the perfect chartreuse without being too yellow or puke-green, excuse my French. The gold shimmer is very finely milled and gives the shadow a lovely glow. I think I need a nail polish this colour...

Dreamstate


 
"Egyptian blue with dazzling blue sparks and colour-shifting shimmer which alternates between purple and blue depending on the angle of the light"
In the jar this reminded me a little bit of Fyrinnae Glitterboi. It's quite different once applied. If you haven't yet ordered from FFC I would definitely say get this shadow. It's ridiculously gorgeous - brilliant aqua shimmer on a deep blue base with a tiny glint of violet every now and again. This swatch absolutely does not do it justice - the aqua shimmer is very bright and eye-catching.

Dispersion



"deep mulberry with bold teal blue shimmer"
Wooooow. I would probably call this plum with aqua shimmer, but other than that, it's a sultry, intense new version of all those purple and blue duochromes out there.

Crusader


"vivid saffron yellow eye shadow complimented by a scattering of gold and copper sparkles"

This is almost too golden to be a true yellow for me. It's smooth and pretty, but these kinds of shades don't show up very well on my skin. 


Rampage 



"vivid copper red shimmer over a burnt umber base"
A very steampunk-esque shade. I did a dry, blended-out swatch next to the PE one to show that it can be worn a little less metallic.


Merrymaker
(Christmas Limited Edition)


"A vibrant mix of greens and golds, shimmering with golden copper sparkles"
(This is a sample decanted into a jar, which is why it looks 'empty' compared to the others!)
Pretty and sparkly! Shimmery grass green base with gold and copper glitter.

I also got some samples of her illuminators/blush, which I will have to swatch later on. Sophie has also started doing NAIL POLISH!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on the new glitter ones. WANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!