Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Swatches: Detrivore eyeshadows, green and grey

Detrivore Cosmetics had a customer appreciation sale a while ago, a very generous 50% off! I got some colours I'd been eyeing, as well as a jar of their Translucent Powder, primer and Embalming tubes (lip balm). I'll be reviewing everything, but thought I should start with some eyeshadow swatches.


"Revenant is a deep green satin eye shadow."

Sunlight

Artificial light
Lovely blue-toned medium green. I don't think I have anything like this in my collection.

"Parasite is a bright green satin with a ton of shimmer."
Sunlight

Artificial light

Fairly similar to Revenant on the skin, this is brighter and more yellow-based.

"Dreary is a dark gray eye shadow."
Sunlight

Artificial light
The website description for this one isn't very good. Dreary is a deep matte charcoal with tiny silver glitter. I would recommend using this over a sticky base to hold the glitter on. If you use Pixie Epoxy, make sure to let it 'set' before applying Dreary, I got a bit of patchiness on the right side of my swatch.

All the colours were wonderfully pigmented and smooth. I love the names Detrivore uses - so unusual and wonderfully morbid! :)

Did you jump on the Detrivore sale? I've got two more posts of eyeshadow swatches coming!

3 comments:

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!