Friday, November 11, 2011

Face Painting

What does one do when the uni semester is over?

Convince people to let them put make up on their faces, of course!

I went over to my darling Elimy's house and had a peek at her stash.  (When I say stash, I'm only calling it that because that's what I call mine but of course but I have a blogger's stash and she has a normal person's stash.  As opposed to Tom Sellick, who has a regular stash.)


It is Movember, after all.

 It was really interesting working away from my usual cache of various instruments/ make up craziness.  But it was fun, too, challenging myself to think outside the square.  Box.  Ha.  I haven't had the opportunity to do makeup on some one else since doing theatre and that's a whole different kettle of fish.  I really liked the end result, and Elimy didn't say she hated it, so that's a plus. 

I used mostly powder shadows from various "drugstore palettes" and used one brush from Priceline.  Without further ado, please view my handiwork, and Elimy's pretty eyes.






I used a translucent white gold from lashline to brow bone, a soft dirty purple in the crease, pale pink in the centre of the lid to create a focal point and peacock green in the outer V.  There is also eyeliner on the lower lashline.  I wanted to emulate Elimy's style which is very soft and natural but also wanted to add a pop of colour.  To complete the look I added pinky blush and lipstick.  I let Elimy do the rest of her face, including foundation etc.  She used Fit Me 115 which she recommends to anyone thinking of trying it. 

All in all I had a lot of fun and will sneak some more colour in next time if she lets me. 

3 comments:

  1. hahah i really like it. It's reminiscent of my Hayley from Paramore make up phase, but it's done better. Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she wearing mascara? If not, she has amazingly full lashes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, no I was not wearing mascara! Thanks :P

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!