Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Whale of a Nail Fail

This was supposed to be a nice, simple neutral mani to get me through a few days. What I hadn't reckoned on was Natio Brandy's reaction to the Orly Calcium Shield, which I have been using under everything for several weeks, and which has my nails at this awesome yet ridiculous length (except for my left index finger which I smashed between a heavy book and my bookshelf, sigh).

I got nicks and splotches, so I had the ingenious idea to cover the mess with a coat of Mode's Bubblegum, a sheer pink with blue-violet shimmer. I woke up the next morning with sheet prints, whacked on another coat, turning my nails from nice understated cream to baby pink - and by the end of the day? BUBBLES and DENTS EVERYWHERE.

Fortunately my new mini Konad kit had arrived, so instead of bemoaning an easy mani gone horribly wrong, I was able to use the fail as a canvas for experimentation.



Suffice to say I will be doing some more practising before I attempt a full Konad manicure! I'll take pictures of the kit and explain the process if anybody's interested.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see how you get the hang of Konad because everybody seems to be awesome at it right away but I bet I'd fail epically. XD

    Bubbles are the bane of my existence. I could create bubbles in the best mani ever, even without shaking the bottle :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty please do my nails like yours?

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE don't leave your blog URL in your comment unless you're linking to a relevant post. Thanks!